NEW FAMILY ISR INQUIRY
General Information about ISR Lessons with CAST Foundation Support
- ISR is widely known as the leading provider of safe and effective survival swim lessons, teaching children 6 months – 6 years ISR Self-Rescue techniques, and giving them the skills they need to survive in the water. Click here to learn more about ISR.
- Each ISR lesson is one-on-one with the instructor and is individualized for each child’s needs and abilities. Lessons meet 5 days per week, Monday-Friday, for 10 minutes (at the same time each day). This schedule allows for efficiency and retention of skills. Students typically gain initial skills after participation in 25-40 consecutive lessons (M-F).
- The initial set of lessons or session focuses on the acquisition of basic self-rescue skills, plus a general respect for and understanding of water. We recommend ISR refreshers lessons (shorter continuation courses) periodically throughout the year. Refresher courses allow toddlers and preschoolers to first ensure their skills stay strong and then gain greater confidence and enjoyment while swimming.
- Only one parent or caregiver needs to be present for lessons, and you do not get into the water unless you are participating in a parent education lesson (which we highly recommend).
- Pricing ranges from $100 to $150/week (per child) depending on location and instructor experience.
- The CAST Water Safety Foundation strives to support our team of instructors and your family throughout the process of exploring and participating in ISR lessons. CAST is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is proud to have brought increased ISR swim opportunities to the Chicago area. Click here for information on CAST Scholarships.
Please complete the form below to proceed with your inquiry.