FIND A SELF-RESCUE SWIM INSTRUCTOR
Below you will find several self-rescue swim programs to consider. While the programs listed are highly intensive self-rescue in-water and academic instructor training programs, most instructors run their own independent businesses. Before enrolling your child, be sure to take the time to vet an instructor that you trust to support your entire family and empower your little swimmers to be safer sooner!
AT CAST WE VALUE:
- Excellent instruction
- Education & empowerment
- Outstanding communication
- Meaningful collaboration
- Inclusive practices
- A growth mindset
HIGH QUALITY SELF-RESCUE PROGRAMS:
- Emphasize the safe and developmentally appropriate delivery of skills and survival before comfort and games in the water. Skills taught should include: establishing breath control, learning to swim independently with eyes open and face in the water, and rolling to a float to rest and breathe.
- Provide opportunities for children to safely practice skills while fully clothed.
- Do NOT use flotation devices as instructional aids.
- Allow for frequent, individualized 1:1 lessons
- Deliver visible results in weeks, not years.
- Implement safety protocols
HIGH QUALITY INSTRUCTORS WILL:
- Present proof of self-rescue program certifications.
- Provide strong parent testimonials.
- Offer an opportunity for you to observe lessons prior to sign up.
- Provide significant education resources regarding water safety and safe swim practices.
- Have a well established continuation lesson program.